If you are lucky enough to have great front windows, you have a fantastic marketing tool. Don’t waste it. It is important to do window displays that draw attention to your store. You don’t have to spend a lot of money either.
• Strategically hanging colorful paper cutouts can add interest to a window.
• Catch the light and the customer’s eye with reflective materials.
• Be sure the window has a clear message or theme. Too many ideas in a window will just confuse the potential customer and they will just keep moving.
• Entice the customer with a sneak peek or tease. Not the full show.
• The use of unusual items that may not be expected is a great trick as well. An example of this might be using old bicycle parts in an active wear window. Simple but the message is clear.
One of my newest customers, BELLISIMA BRIDAL BOUTIQUE in Woodland, CA brilliantly used black mannequins to showcase her white bridal gowns in the front window. Crowds regularly gather at the window to investigate the lace details of each dress.
If you want to check out Bellisima’s window display they are hosting two events. The Grand Opening March 3rd 12-3pm; and the Bridal Open House Saturday, March 9th 11-4pm. It is bridal season but even if you are not a bride you should check out this fantastic new store. Located at 517 Main St, Woodland, CA 95695, (530) 661-8084.